Rx medicines should only be taken when prescribed for you by a licensed medical provider.
- Rx drugs are prescribed to patient by a provider for legitimate health reasons.
- Obtaining a pill prescribed for someone else is drug abuse—& illegal—even just once.
- Using an Rx drug to get high is no safer than illegal drugs.
- Dealers are lacing and illicitly and falsely advertising prescription drugs that can have deadly consequences.
- Mixing Rx drugs with alcohol is potentially fatal.
Next: Part 5: Tips for Parents