ATLANTA, GA – Attorney General Chris Carr today announced that William David Miller, 55, of Atlanta, has pleaded guilty to one felony count of Medicaid Fraud in Fulton County Superior Court. Judge Scott McAfee accepted the plea on Nov. 29, 2023, and sentenced Miller to 10 years of probation. The defendant was also ordered to repay $64,113.46 in restitution. Miller is now excluded from practicing as a provider of healthcare services under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.

“David Miller purposely defrauded a system meant to care for our most vulnerable Georgians,” said Carr. “This type of behavior will not be tolerated, and those responsible will be held accountable. We’re committed to preserving the integrity of Georgia’s Medicaid program, and we will continue working to protect taxpayer dollars no matter the amount.”

Case Summary

William David Miller was the founder of Domina Umbrae, LLC, a behavioral health agency in Atlanta. While operating this business, Miller billed the Medicaid program for psychotherapy sessions for recipients who were receiving services from another provider. Miller submitted the fraudulent claims on dates and times that the recipients were in session with the other provider and never provided the services for those recipients himself.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorneys General Benjamin Huntington and Tarrea Williams of the Medicaid Fraud Division. Other members of the Medicaid Fraud Division who played important roles in the prosecution include Investigator Lee Thompson, Nurse Investigator Victoria Hall, Intelligence Analyst Vanda Russell and former Analyst Tish Murray, and Investigative Auditor Cecilia Isaac Vazquez.

About the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Division

The Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Division receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $4,871,744 for Federal FY 2024. The remaining 25 percent, totaling $1,623,912 for FY 2024, is funded by the State of Georgia.


Communications Director Kara Richardson