Assistant Attorney General (HOURLY) - Civil Rights Section
This position may potentially be considered a remote position and open to candidates residing in the following areas: Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, and Macon, Georgia.
Salary: $35.00 AN HOUR
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach two (2) writing samples
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted for application process)
- Attach copies of official law school transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted for application process)
- Answer all prescreening questions
- If the file is too large to attach please email the document(s) to email@example.com to include the position title - application material(s) in the subject line
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The position filled through this announcement will serve in Civil Rights section of the General Litigation Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
Attorneys in this section represent State officers and employees who are sued in their individual and official capacities in civil rights actions. This position typically works 20 hours a week.
Minimum Training & Experience
Member of the Georgia Bar AND graduation from an accredited law school. Preference will be given to applicants with 2 or more years of civil rights related experience. Strong writing skills required.
Those applicants who are contacted for an interview will be asked to complete a Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Waiver, which may be found at: http://law.ga.gov/application-forms
A criminal background check is completed on all candidates; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All applicants will be considered, but may be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position, and may not necessarily receive an interview. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.