Job Posting: Oct 2, 2019
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2019
Primary Location: GA-Fulton-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
Advertised Salary : $60,000.00 MINIMUM SALARY
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The position filled through this announcement will serve in Information Technology section of the Operations Division.
The Information Technology Team within the Georgia Dept. of Law is seeking an organized, performance driven individual to fulfill the position of System Analyst 1. This position will implement computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and development of Management Information’s Systems (MIS) on Oracle and SQL Server data platforms
- Work closely with business analysts and/or key users, assessing business needs and determining/implementing information technology solutions
- Gathering and documenting requirements of enterprise and divisional reports
- Work with key leaders to ensure that their MIS needs are met
- Develop MIS solutions to support initiatives as needed
- Build strong relationships with partners and works with key divisional leaders to define scope and requirements and translate those requirements to an MIS solution.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and three years of related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
- Knowledge and skill in the design, coding, documentation, testing, and debugging of computer programs.
- Knowledge of relational databases and relational database management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Understanding of performance tuning strategies.
- Advanced skill in the use of Structured Query Language (SQL) for data retrieval, data manipulation, and the creation and modification of database objects.
- Advanced competency with Windows Server, Exchange 2016, SQL Server 2016 and Oracle.
- Must be able to work within a fast paced environment on a schedule that includes nights, weekends, or holidays when required to address escalated issues.