Lemon Law Specialist
Job Posting: Oct 1, 2019
Closing Date: Oct 31, 2019
Primary Location: GA-Fulton-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
Advertised Salary : $36,000.00 MINIMUM SALARY
As part of the Georgia Lemon Law Administration Team, a Lemon Law Specialist processes Lemon Law complaints, including but not limited to counseling consumers about the State’s Lemon Law and Lemon Law Rules. A Lemon Specialist is expected to operate with a working knowledge of relevant statutes, guidelines, regulations, procedures, and policy decisions governing the operation of the unit, interact with consumers, manufacturers, dealers, third party administrators, and all levels of state government in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation and contributes to excellent performance, and maintain operational security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews receiving and logging Lemon Law complaints and inquiries
- Reviews arbitration applications for accuracy and eligibility determination
- Maintains and updating case files
- Interacts with the State Arbitration Panel
- Serves as the liaison between consumers, manufacturers, counsel and arbitrators
- Schedules and attending Lemon Law hearings across the state
- Reviews, proofing, and typing arbitration decisions and orders
- Drafts subpoenas,
- Monitors order compliance
- Log and file reacquired vehicle notices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited four-year college or university
Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
- Registered Neutral with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution, OR have received a certificate for Civil or Domestic Mediation training
- Demonstrated training in alternative dispute resolution; have experience working in an office setting;
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Knowledge of the Georgia Lemon Law and Georgia Lemon Law Rules;
- Fluent in Spanish.