Human Trafficking Victim Advocate
Advocate provides advocacy and crisis intervention services to crime victims and their families with a focus on assisting and supporting minor victims of domestic sex trafficking.
Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a victim advocate with a prosecuting agency or as a juvenile probation officer. Knowledge of courtroom procedure and Georgia Crime Victim Bill of Rights.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess one or more items below:
- Experience providing referrals or advocacy to victims of sexual abuse
- Experience participating in a care team or assisting in developing case plans for juveniles
- Experience in diversionary or accountability court for juveniles
- Experience or training in human trafficking or gang investigation or prosecution
- Experience referring juveniles and their families to mental health services, financial services, and educational services
- Knowledge of services and facilities within the State of Georgia which are available to victims of sex trafficking
- Familiarity with the Department of Juvenile Justice