Human Resource Recruiter/Generalist II
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL External applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
- Answer all prescreening questions
If the file is too large to attach please email the document(s) to [email protected] to include the position title - application material(s) in the subject line.
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The Department of Law is organized into the Executive Office, five legal divisions, four specialty units and an operations division. The position filled through this announcement will serve within the Human Resources Section of our Operations Division.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
Under general supervision, performs multiple human resource services in support of 10 Divisions. The HR Recruiter/Generalist II applies analytical and professional expertise to multiple personnel disciplines. In this role, you will design, create, and direct our hiring initiatives as we seek new talent for our Department. You will also be responsible for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process, managing applications, and serving as the key contact for upcoming job fairs.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Talent acquisition and staffing for the departments full recruiting life cycle:
- Drive and direct all recruitment efforts and processes
- Implement strategic hiring procedures and improve upon recruitment measures
- Engage in effective recruitment methods to determine useful applicant markets
- Directly interact with job candidates and respond to initial queries
- Provides information and advice to employees, supervisors and managers regarding employee selection process and practices;
- Builds relationships with Law and Technical schools in order to staff hard-to-fill and high demand positions;
- Serve as the primary liaison between HR and executive level management;
- Identifies current and prospective staffing requirements;
- Prepares, extends notices and advertisements of internal and external postings;
- Screens applications;
- Schedules, coordinates and attends job fairs and informational sessions;
- Request and screen GBI Background check on all candidates considered for hire.
- New Hire Onboarding and orientation.
- Classification and Compensation:
- Conducting position evaluations in order to determine their classifications and create detailed job descriptions
- Research, Design and adjust salary structures
- Supports HR Director in conducting internal equity analysis and recommending salary actions for all hires, promotions or other pay changes.
- Responsible for creating Personnel Actions of Department staff;
- Perform other HR-related duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of professional human resource experience performing recruitment, classification and compensation or personnel related functions OR Four years or more of full-cycle recruiting and other professional human resource experience.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, preference will be given to those who meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Proficient in Taleo and/or other ATS software;
- Two or more years of experience preparing for and assisting with job fairs;
- Three to four years of experience in full cycle recruiting.