Executive Office Receptionist
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
- If the file is too large to attach please email the document(s) to [email protected] to include the position title - application material(s) in the subject line.
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The position filled through this announcement will serve in the Consumer Protection Division (CPD).
The primary duties of this position are to receives, screens and directs visitors and telephone calls to appropriate staff and/or division as well as referral to other state entities. Maintains knowledge of Department key issues/cases as well as state issues that are of high interest to the general public and may result in constituent phone calls; able to provide general contact information to callers. As backup, provides legal secretarial assistance to Department’s Executive Office.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Answers, screens and routes telephone calls to appropriate personnel, division or other state Departments/Agencies. Maintains general knowledge of key issues in the Department as well as state government.
1. Answers multi-line telephone in a courteous and timely manner.
2. Attentively listens and notes callers' questions and requests.
3. Uses sound judgment and knowledge of the Department and its key issues, as well as general state issues and press-related matters, as well as operations and procedures to appropriately respond to callers' questions and requests.
4. Directs calls to appropriate personnel or division. May refer caller to another state entity/agency for assistance.
5. Resolves or facilitates resolution of problems in a timely manner. Keeps appropriate Executive Office personnel informed of problems, issues and concerns that may impact the department.
6. Records messages accurately and legibly according to established practices.
7. Forwards messages to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
2. Greets office visitors and clients. Determines the nature of their business and provides appropriate information or directs visitor to other personnel.
1. Acknowledges and responds to all visitors in a timely and courteous manner.
2. Uses sound judgment and knowledge of Departmental policies, procedures and operations to respond to routine questions.
3. Directs non-routine requests to appropriate persons in a timely manner.
3. Provides legal administrative/clerical support as needed in the Executive Office (including Chief Deputy, Solicitor General, Counsel to the Attorney General, and Communications Director). Includes, but is not limited to:
1. Types correspondence according to established formats and guidelines.
2. Types and submits electronic filing(s) to various courts.
3. Handles the distribution of information and/or mail.
4. Displays good organizational skills when assigned special projects in addition to day to day job responsibilities. Demonstrates ability to prioritize work.
4. Maintains reception area, workspace in a neat and organized manner.
1. Maintains decorum in reception area and workspace.
2. Maintains adequate supplies of materials used in the office.
3. Obtains needed supplies from the supply room or prepares purchase requisitions as needed.
4. Organizes workspace to include operating instructions and/or general office information so that other back-up staff may locate materials in operator's absence.
5. Maintains various notebooks/manuals, assuring information is kept current and available for use at all times.
6. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in related area.
- Experience with multiline phone system
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Two or more years of experience in related area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They may not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
A criminal background check is completed on all candidates; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Department of Law employment application & waiver, Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter and copies of official college transcripts.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. Please log into your account for status updates. All applicants will be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position and may not necessarily receive an interview. Human Resources maintains the discretion to close the job announcement prior to the closing date if a significant number of applications are received.
- SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE *Applicants are required to attach a resume for consideration.