Data Analyst - Human Trafficking Section
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL External applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach copies of official undergraduate/graduate transcripts (unofficial will suffice until official transcripts are received)
- If the file is too large to attach please email the document(s) to [email protected] to include the position title - application material(s) in the subject line.
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The position filled through this announcement will serve in the Human Trafficking section of our Prosecution Division.
Position provides analytical support to attorneys, investigators and advocates. Duties include but are not limited to: using databases and social media to research or locate victims, witnesses and perpetrators; analyzing and charting phone records and other forms of data; searching, analyzing and charting material obtained from phones, computers and other electronic devices; collecting and reviewing police reports and other investigative materials; obtaining expertise with databases and investigative tools and programs; performing other investigative support tasks as needed. This position is funded through the Innovative Prosecutions Solutions Grant for a period of two years with the potential for renewal.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attending courses and obtaining certification in Cellebrite, a digital forensics tool
- Performing digital forensic extractions of cellular devices
- Using databases and social media to research or locate victims, witnesses and perpetrators
- Using databases, cell phone applications and social media to research or identify specific criminal activity
- Analyzing and charting phone records and other forms of data in a manner which can be used at trial
- Creating visual exhibits including charts and maps for use at trial
- Searching, analyzing and charting material obtained from phones, computers and other electronic devices
- Organizing subpoena returns and analyzing results
- Reviewing security surveillance videos and videos from other electronic devices
- Collecting and reviewing investigative reports, court documents and other legal and investigative materials
- Obtaining expertise with databases and investigative tools and programs
- Attending training pertaining to databases and investigative tools and programs
- Performing other investigative support tasks as needed
- Collaborating with Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies on issues pertaining to investigative support and information gathering
- 2years of experience in information technology, law enforcement or prosecution
- Proficiency with computer programs, cell phone applications and social media
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience analyzing data such as phone records and phone and computer forensic
- Experience collecting investigative materials such as police reports and case files
from multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience investigating and locating persons using databases, social media and
- Knowledge of current law enforcement databases and available computer programs
- Experience handling and organizing evidence
A criminal background check is completed on all candidates; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Department of Law employment application & waiver, Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter and copies of official college transcripts.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All applicants will be considered, but may be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position, and may not necessarily receive an interview.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.