Customer Service Specialist- Consumer Protection Division
*To move forward in the recruiting process ALL applicants are required to:
- Attach a current Resume
- Cover Letter
- Attach "Department of Law Employment Application" (click link to obtain: http://law.georgia.gov/careers/application-forms)
- Attach copies of official undergraduate transcripts
If the file is too large to attach please email the document(s) to [email protected] to include the position title - application material(s) in the subject line.
The mission of the Department of Law is to serve the citizens of the State of Georgia by providing legal representation of the highest quality to the agencies, officers and employees of state government and by honorably and vigorously carrying out the constitutional and statutory responsibilities of the Attorney General. The position filled through this announcement will serve in the Consumer Protection Division.
This position works in the Consumer Protection Division of the Georgia Department of Law. This Division is the state government entity charged with protecting Georgia consumers and businesses from unfair and deceptive and unlawful practices in the marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers consumer telephone calls
- Receives and processes complaints, inquiries and requests for information and/or assistance from the general public
- Determines complaint/inquiry jurisdiction (state, local or federal), and refers matters over which the office does not have jurisdiction to appropriate resources
- Processes jurisdictional complaints by gathering and entering relevant information in a computer database with a high degree of accuracy
- Generates response letters to written correspondence and performs related administrative and clerical work
- Present, organize and convey complex problems/issues
- Performs duties in manner that meets or exceeds office quality and quantity standards
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees on this job title, and every position does not necessarily require these duties.
Two years of college OR One year of experience in a customer service setting communicating information OR One year of experience in an equivalent position; demonstrated skill in utilizing a computer to accurately enter data in Windows based applications; organized, focused, and detail-oriented; ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, meet one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in any field of study; experience working in an office setting (internships qualify);
- Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to handle high call volume using proper telephone etiquette;
- Excellent English communication skills with good grammar (both spoken and written).
Salary: $33,000.00 minimum
Applicants MUST attach a COVER LETTER and RESUME through this posting. Those applicants who are contacted for an interview will be asked to complete a Department of Law (General) application & waiver, which may be found at: http://law.ga.gov/application-forms; and to must provide a copy of their official college transcript either included as an attachment or at the time of an interview. A skills assessment tests maybe given at the interview.
Qualified applicants will be required to pass a skill test for Data Entry, Business Grammar, Business Spelling, Proofing and Microsoft Word.
A criminal background check is completed on all candidates being strongly considered; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter, Department of Law employment application & waiver and copies of official college transcripts.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All applicants will be considered, but may be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position, and may not necessarily receive an interview. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. Position posted until filled.