Customer Service Specialist - Consumer Protection Division
This position works in the Consumer Protection Division of the Georgia Department of Law. This Division is the state government entity charged with protecting Georgia consumers and businesses from unfair and deceptive and unlawful practices in the marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers consumer telephone calls
- Receives and processes complaints, inquiries and requests for information and/or assistance from the general public
- Determines complaint/inquiry jurisdiction (state, local or federal), and refers matters over which the office does not have jurisdiction to appropriate resources
- Processes jurisdictional complaints by gathering and entering relevant information in a computer database with a high degree of accuracy
- Generates response letters to written correspondence and performs related administrative and clerical work
- Present, organize and convey complex problems/issues
- Performs duties in manner that meets or exceeds office quality and quantity standards
- Other duties as assigned
Two years of college OR One year of experience in a customer service setting communicating information OR One year of experience in an equivalent position; demonstrated skill in utilizing a computer to accurately enter data in Windows based applications; organized, focused, and detail-oriented; ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, meet one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in any field of study; experience working in an office setting (internships qualify);
- Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to handle high call volume using proper telephone etiquette;
- Excellent English communication skills with good grammar (both spoken and written).